Monday, July 9, 2012

Color Me Rad!

Summer is always so busy - it seems like it just flies by! It's already in July with only about a month and a half left to go before school starts again! I can't believe it. I am pretty excited for Fall though; I'll be starting my Master's at Drake to get my counseling degree and getting ready for Christmas is always my favorite thing. I am not wishing Summer away, but I absolutely love from June-December. It's magical from here on out. We went down to the Lake of the Ozarks again this year with our friends and had a lot of fun as always! We ended up staying down there for seven days; which is quite a long time. I was pretty much ready to come home by the end of it. I missed my own bed, my dogs, and a normal routine. So I was ready to come home, but it was a nice vacation and as always spent with good friends. Craig and Virg got a band for Saturday night so there were a lot of people there and we had fun. Here are some pictures from the week:
We got back on Thursday afternoon and on Saturday my friends and I turned around and drove to Council Bluffs/Omaha to run in the Color Me Rad race! Saying it was fun was an understatement. It was a BLAST! I was pretty tired because we'd just gotten home and I felt like I didn't even have time to unpack, but I headed up with my friends and we just had so much fun. We signed up to do one in October as well so I'm super excited for that as well!
Us all clean before
Throwing color on each other
At the end It was a lot of fun! I still have some color on me today, but for the most part it washed off in the shower. It was a lot of fun and my mom, aunt, uncle, grandma and grandpa all came out and watched so it was so nice to see them. Loved it! That's basically what we've been doing lately. We're going to Kayden's birthday this weekend (can't believe she's two!). And sending lots of prayers for Josh's grandma Koppin because she's going in for hip surgery this week. We're praying and thinking of her a lot so any extra prayers you all can send help too! It's been a pretty fun summer so far, and we still have great things to look forward to! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment