Friday, February 10, 2012

What's New

Well, we haven't really done much lately, but it seems like life just won't slow down! We leave for Florida in roughly a month, and I feel like I'm pretty well prepared for that, besides maybe getting a few new sundresses for the beaches and things. I should start packing soon, because I know I don't want to be rushing to pack the night before we leave. We got some luggage from my parents for Christmas, so I'm excited to try that out.

School has been FLYING by. We started reading The Hunger Gamesby Suzanne Collins to the 7th graders and they have been loving it! If you haven't ever ready the series, I would highly suggest it. Definitely my top 10 books to read. We're really getting into the political aspect and analyze the characters and things and they like it. They also go to be in groups according to their "districts" and just the other day we had our own reaping where the kids had to figure out the tesserae for their household to see how many times their name would be in the bowl. It was a lot of fun and they absolutely loved it. I've been having to take some 5-10 p.m. coaching classes this month which SUCKS. I have about 6 left to do, and I'm not looking forward to it at all. They're so boring and it's just hard to sit for 25 hours when I would rather be at home on the couch with Josh and the dogs. It's a drag to say the least.

Next week is Valentine's Day. We don't really have much planned - no gifts or anything. We're going to get a Papa John's heart shaped pizza on Sunday to celebrate, and maybe get a movie or something to watch. We'll probably just order some food on Valentine's Day and then hang out at home, which is totally fine by me. I like those nights the best. :)

If you're sending up prayers, send another for my grandma. She was admitted back to the hospital yesterday and is being monitored. No word yet on what's going on, but my mom says she's doing o.k., but is confused. So praying for her a lot and I would appreciate any you could send up too. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment