Monday, May 10, 2010

A little of this

It seems like the days just keep going fast and the weeks fly by. Only TWO Mondays left of school! :) I can't believe that. It's almost surreal, I was so nervous at the beginning of the year, and now I feel so much more confident. Really we only have 2 weeks left - the last week will be full of field trips and what not, so we're wrapping up our year-end books as well as writing our last few papers - it has definitely been a busy year! I'm anxious to get the new 7th graders next year, and looking forward to seeing my 7th graders come back as 8th graders. But mostly - I'm ready for summer!!

Let me back track this past week: a lot has happened! On Thursday night I went to the Taylor Swift concert with my friend Rachel and it was awesome! I love Taylor and it was just fantastic - she basically sings about my life. My camera died though right when she got on stage so I only got like two photos. :(




Friday then I took the day off (go me!) It was a big task for me to take the day off - I'm pretty particular about what my students do and how it's done. So I threw caution to the wind and took the day off. It was nice to sleep in, and Josh took Friday off too so we both got to sleep in. He re-did the brick on the side of the house that was taken out when we got our new heater and A/C unit. I bought season 1 of the show "Glee" and basically once I sat down and started watching Friday I couldn't stop! Watched it all weekend and I basically have only 2 episodes left from the entire DVD set. It is by far one of my favorite shows on T.V. right now (Tuesday nights - 9P.M. after American Idol on FOX) - along with Modern Family. Love it.

Then my best friend graduated from Iowa State this weekend so I went up to see her this weekend and had too much fun! It was so nice to be with her and see everyone and just get out and not have to worry about anything else - it was almost relaxing.

This week isn't too busy - but we have birthdays and graduations to go to this weekend so it will be packed, again. I'm ready for the weekends to be filled with nothing but hot sun, good friends, and boating!

No comments:

Post a Comment