Sunday, May 2, 2010

This Week's Happenings

This week seemed like a busy one, but with the end of school fast approaching I suppose each week is going to just fly by. I was pretty excited on Friday when I got to write "May 3" on the board - it is already May! This month is jam packed with field trips, pizza parties, and a middle school dance, so I'm looking for the next month to just fly by - summer will finally be here before we know it! It is pretty bittersweet ending the year; I'm ready for my second year to start so I'll know what I'm doing, how I'm going to do it, what needs tweaked, and all that fun stuff. However, the 8th graders this year were actually a really good bunch, I'm certainly going to miss them next year. Trying to think of something little to get them at the end of the year, might write them each a personal note and include a "life saver" in it - since they've been my life savers this year! I know it sounds so cliche, but seriously, my first year flew by!

Aside from that, I planted my flowers this week and set out the ISU rock in front of it. I picked yellow, red, and white flowers for the flower bed this year so that they will bloom up nicely behind the rock so I can't wait to see that. Here's what they look like:




This one is of the house with the flowers blooming - I think it makes the house look crooked though, haha:


I planted these out front in the little blue pots we have on the deck. I tried to find blue flowers, but the closest I could find were these white and purple ones, but I like them anyway:



And one of pretty Taytum <3


This week is Taylor week!! My friend Rachel and I are going to see Taylor Swift in concert on Thursday and I COULD NOT be more excited! I absolutely love her and her music. Tickets were crazy to get and the concert sold out in minutes so thankfully I'm part of the Taylor fan club and got tickets early. We have seats in the 200's, which actually isn't too bad! Hopefully we can get moved up like at the Black Eyed Peas concert, but really just seeing Taylor live is good enough for me!

Aside from the concert it will be another busy week. Tomorrow we are taking the 8th graders to Camp Dodge to go through some of the obstacle courses they have to build leadership and teamwork. And I have the day off Friday to bask in my Taylor glory. Hopefully it's a nice day! Taytum gets a hair cut and I will enjoy sleeping in and having the day to myself! Alex has a graduation party on Saturday so it will be jam packed - but that's alright, that just makes it go by faster :)

No comments:

Post a Comment