Sunday, April 25, 2010

Jersey Shore Party!

What a busy weekend it was! This past week there was nothing too interesting to report on. We had nice weather for most of the week so we got some outside stuff done (I even got to mow the WHOLE yard by myself!) and just messed around, getting ready for the weekend. This weekend we had a Jersey Shore themed birthday bus for myself and my friend Steph. Everyone had to dress up like a Guido or Guidette - if you've ever watched the MTV reality show, it's basically just a bunch of Italians who go to the Jersey Shore for the summer, but the way they dress, talk, and act is hilarious! So we had a theme. Everyone did an AWESOME job at dressing up! I'll stop talking and let the pictures show the rest:

Steph & Me - birthday girls!:


Josh looked really good as Pauly D!


Janell was an awesome Snookie too!


Some of the guys:


The group of us:


We had such a great turn-out - about 30 people showed up! It was a great time had by all :)

As you can see, Andy came home for the party and Laura came with him! So Saturday during the day Jane, Laura and myself went and bought some flowers and then made a day of it! I had to go to shoe carnival to get some shoes for the party, and I needed to stop at Petsmart and get a new fish. We also had lunch and I bought an ISU rock for the landscaping (I'll have to get a picture of it when it gets nice out - it has been raining all day!). But at PetsMart I picked out a crowntail betta and named him Spike Lee:

He's pretty awesome and really beautiful. He sits in the tank on the dining room table.

After the big weekend was over, we're pretty dead for a few weekends. Nothing really planned, which is actually a good feeling. We're nearing the end of the school year and I can't believe I'm almost done with my first year of teaching! It has seriously just flown by. This week we have a field trip to Central College for some of the students who had a high GPA for the past year, and then next Monday we're going to Camp Dodge with the 8th graders. I can't believe it is almost MAY! Our last day is May 28th, so only a month to go really. This summer I'll be back at the pool, but I'm ready for sun and relaxation!

1 comment: