Monday, April 19, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!

Happy Birthday to me! My birthday was on Saturday so I was pretty excited about my special day! Birthdays are always a big deal to me, even though Josh just counts them up as "another day". So Saturday we woke up and it was my big, special day! We didn't really do too much, actually. I was slightly disapointed, but I suppose that's actually what happens when you just get older. I went and got a pedicure, a "happy birthday" to myself, and then we went out to eat with Bryce & Jill and then out to the bars. I didn't feel up to myself and so that kind of made me not as excited as I should have been. All-in-all, I was sad when the day came to an end because it really did just seem like just "another day". But it was nice to hear all the birthday wishes and get the cards from family too!

For my birthday Josh tinted my car and my parents paid for half of a set of a rims for me. Josh and I seriously LUCKED OUT when we found these rims - they are in amazing condition and the tires are great and we got everything for only $550. We basically saved over $1,000 on them! I was so happy! Here is how they look:

I've gotten a lot of compliments on them, and I think they look awesome! So classy, not ghetto haha.

We've also been updating the kitchen. The kitchen is ALMOST finished - now we just need the blinds and we're set! We're ordering wood blinds from Lowes so hopefully that looks nice. We got curtains last night and we're indecisive about whether or not we like them (I don't mind them, Josh doesn't like them at all), but with the new countertop and backsplash and new windows, I think it looks great. Here are our new windows:


And here is a picture of the whole kitchen (don't mind the mess!):


Now we just need the appliances and we're set! I've been thinking about applying for a Lowe's card and buying a refridgerator with it and just making the $20.00 each month for it, but haven't decided yet. A new fridge would definitely be on my "want" list!

So the weekend wasn't so bad, and my special day wasn't a "bust" I just need to start thinking of EVERYDAY as my special day :) Only 29 school days left!

No comments:

Post a Comment