Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Finally April!

It is finally April! I can't believe it! March is usually one of those blah months where the weather is never very nice and it just always seems cloudy. April reminds me of baby animals, pastel colors, fresh green grass, and my birthday! I've been joking that it is my "birthday month" since this past weekend Josh's grandma gave me my birthday present (some money, a gift card, and a new scarf!), this coming weekend Josh is getting my car tinted for me for my birthday, the weekend after is my actual birthday (yay!), and the last weekend in April is my birthday party with all my friends! So it should be a pretty good month.

I can't believe I basically only have 2 months left of teaching. Wow. My first year has gone pretty quickly. I definitely feel more comfortable in the classroom now, but am looking foward to not only having the summer off, but coming back more prepared next year. It gives me something to look forward to!

This past weekend was a pretty good one. I went to Omaha to visit Grandma and Grandpa on Thursday afternoon. We went out for dinner and then sat outside and just talked, it was so nice. Friday I came home (we didn't have school on Friday) and got my hair done then Josh and I just ordered some food and had a night in. Saturday was Jane's birthday and Andy and Laura came home (with Kayden :)) so we all went out to eat that night for her birthday. Sunday we had Easter dinner at Josh's grandma's house - tons of food! We will have left overs for the rest of the month! Yesterday I just did some running around; had a cavity filled, got my physical for my summer job, and went to the doctor. Everything checked out fine! And have I ever said how amazing Josh is?? Through this entire busy weekend he got the railing put up around our deck out front! It was a little harder than he had anticipated, but it looks so nice! I took pictures, so I'll have to post them when I get home. That means basically the house is done for updates for the summer (aside from the 3 windows we have that need to be put in). Can't wait to enjoy the deck this summer!

That's about it, hope everyone had a good Easter! While we had a good weekend, we've been sending out lots of prayers and thoughts to Rachel as she goes through the tough journey of continuing on with life after the loss of her husband, Brice. We were all in shock and devastated to learn our friend and someone so young had passed. So I've been praying for her everyday, I can't even imagine the hurt her heart must feel. Lots of love, thoughts, and prayers sent her way!

No comments:

Post a Comment