Monday, May 31, 2010

Summer is here!!

Summer is officially here!! My last day was of teaching was Friday and I have to go in tomorrow and Wednesday to clean up, do some year-end reviewing, and then look over ITBS results. But I can handle that since it's spending the whole day with my co-workers, yay!! I know I have said this probably a billion times, but I cannot believe how fast this first year went. Looking back, it was just ridiculous. I don't know when the time slows down, but I'm already looking forward to next year (that's a good sign, right?) I love first semster, maybe it's all the holidays and things to look forward to and incorporate in my classroom, but I'm already excited. Plus I'll already have everything ready for them to go, which means I can spend more time tweaking old things, looking for new things, and working on classroom management. So I'm looking forward to it!

This weekend we went out boating with a bunch of friends, the weather was great for it and it was a pretty good time. Josh got sunburnt on his head and back, but other than that we did a good job with the sunscreen. We also kicked off the summer by buying a new refrigerator! It's a Samsung, and it probably ahs more features than we'll ever use (like a wine rack??) but I'm so excited about having the water/ice maker in the door. That means fresh, cold water and crushed ice! And it even has a water purifier so no more icky Baxter water! We did get it in stainless steel and here's a picture of it:

I'm pretty excited about it! It won't be in until Wednesday, but that gives us time to get the old one out, clean out the fridge and get it all ready for the new one! So excited! We decided we just needed to round off the kitchen with a new stainless steel microwave and stove and we're set!!

We also got our wood blinds in for the kitchen, and it seriously puts the finishing touches on the kitchen. We had to order them and it took them a couple of weeks to come in, but we are SO happy we went with the wood blinds (well...technically they are faux wood - real wood costs an arm and a leg!) Don't mind the picture, it came out a little weird because of the lighting and all that:

But we've just been walking into the kitchen and saying how happy we are with them. We went out to eat tonight and we walked in we commented on how nice look! I can't get over how much they really make the kitchen. Plus it will be nice to be able to close them when it gets dark out these summer nights :)

So we've been updating the house for the start of the summer, and aside from the stove and microwave, we knocked out both of our summer projects! Now we've talked about finishing out the downstaires with new windows before winter and we'll be set! Hope everyone had a good memorial weekend, and just to kick off the nice weather, a good picture of Taytum:


No comments:

Post a Comment