Monday, September 6, 2010

Fall is here!

Happy Labor Day everyone! This weekend turned out to be beautiful weather and it was so nice that on Saturday I decided to get all the Fall decorations out. I was pretty excited and spent all afternoon cleaning and getting everything set up. I got out my Yankee Candle collection as well as a little scarecrow, and some pumpkins. Then I went to Ankeny to get a few more things that I have had my eye on, like a iron pumpkin with a place in the middle to put a candle and I also wanted to try making those Jack O'Lanters I posted in the previous post (That I saw on Kaylan's blog!). So I went to Michael's to get all the supplies and I came home and made one...
On the end table

In the dark

In the light

It was actually pretty easy and a lot of fun! I can't wait to make more, and try out the different styles - I'll just have to find a place for all of them. :)

This weekend was a fun filled one. Friday night we went out with some friends and saw Eddie Money in concert - it was a lot of fun! Then we went out downtown and drank and just had a night out, it was well needed and a lot of fun. Saturday we didn't do too much - like I said I put out all the Fall decorations (still craving chili!) and Josh tinkered on the boat. It only got to around 75 degrees on Saturday so it was perfect out, just not boating weather or anything. So then Sunday we decided to take the boat out and man was it windy! We dropped in and it felt like we were in the ocean, so many BIG waves. We started heading out and the water kept splashing up onto the boat so Jill and Jordan and I decided to head under the closed bow to wait out the water splashes and it was definitely a ride under there!! We were tossed around all over the place under there - it was kind of scary for a while! Then we made it to a little cove and we all just sat around there and talked and lazed in the sun, it was actually really nice. Then we beat a storm home and ended up just staying in. Today we've been just as unproductive, I checked some papers and Josh has just been tinkering in and out of the house. So overall it has been a pretty nice, relaxing weekend. I'm ready for the short four day week!

1 comment:

  1. Your pumpkin turned out really cute!! I love the picture with lights. I haven't tried that in the ones I made yet. It's good to hear that you got your fall decorations out already. I have been holding off, but I think I'll do it tomorrow:)

    ReplyDelete