Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering

I can't believe it's the 10th anniversary of 9/11 today. It seems like it was just a few years ago I was in 8th grade history class when our teacher turned on the tv and we watched the second tower be hit. It seemed so surreal. I remember coming home that afternoon and just watching the news coverage over and over and over again. It seemed like when you stepped outside there was this eerie feeling that washed over you. It's still something I have a hard time watching and hearing about, I always start crying. My heart just hurts from the pain not only the heroes who perished on 9/11, but also their loved ones still feel today. I also though have an immense pride in my country and will always get teary eyed when "I'm Proud to be an American" plays. Always remembering those whose lives were taken too soon, and, as one of my favorite quotes tells us, "If we learned nothing else from this tragedy, at least we learned that life is too short to hate" - Susan Dahl, wife of Jason Dahl, pilot of United Flight 93. I'm proud to live in the greatest country on earth. <3

We had a nice weekend of remembering, remodeling, and cheering on the Cyclones! Tyson wore his lucky jersey and ISU pulled out the win on Saturday! Josh has been finishing up the walls in the bathroom and hopefully in 3 weeks we'll have a finished bathroom!

I downloaded an app on my phone that lets me update so maybe I'll be able to update more often, but for now excuse the typos since I'm on my phone. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment