Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Someone is Slacking

Gah. I know, I know. No updates in, what, two months? I check in on friends' posts from time-to-time, but couldn't ever catch a break to update my own. Track finished up and the weather was SUPER crappy. It was more like winter than spring the entire time and we were only able to get 4 meets in, and 3 were regular season. It even snowed on May 3rd! It wasn't that nice out and the weather was absolutely terrible through most of April/May. It's just now starting to warm up, after a LOT of rain. Blah.

I've been trudging along on the wedding. For the most part, most of it is planned, paid for, and ready for the big day. I just have some little things to get done and some lose ends to tie up. I'm glad I'm getting it all out of the way and have been doing it a little bit at a time. I won't lie when I say that honestly though, I'm tired of spending money on it. I'll be happy not having to think about what I need to buy next month for the wedding or if something is in the budget. I'll just be freaking happy it's DONE. I'm honestly ready for the big day to be here, but even more excited for October 13, when I'm just Mrs. Meckley and we can start enjoying life being married. Yeah...that will be nice.

Danielle and Jake got married a few weeks ago, and it was a really great wedding/reception. I was so happy to be apart of their special day, and it was even more exciting because I was planning my own wedding. Jordan & Sarah are getting married this weekend and Josh is the best man so he's been preparing that speech like crazy! He's ready for it to be here so he can get his speech behind him and get to celebrating. He's been stressing about it, ha.

On a sadder note, we had to put my parent's dog Angel down this past week. She was 13-years-old, but it doesn't make it any easier. So hard to lose a pet when they've been with you for so long and are like family. She'll be missed, but I know she's up chasing squirrels with Lacey on Rainbow Bridge. <3

And FINALLY...we got some of our engagement pictures done! It was up in the air because the weather was so crappy lately, but we managed to sneak in a session with Melissa @ Fairy Tale Photography and it was GREAT! LOVE them (I've already ordered several copies and even had one aluminized haha). Here's a few of my favorites (and Josh even agreed to get a few with the puppies! YAY!)


I'll try to get a few more sporadic posts in here leading up to the wedding! I'm taking two more Drake classes this summer so trying to get through that as well. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment