Saturday, July 20, 2013

Am I Crazy Yet??

Seriously...am I crazy yet? If you ask Josh, yes. I have been on full blown wedding mode since...well, technically, since he proposed September 30, 2012. It just seems like it never ends. It seems that every month, there's something else to do and, more frequently, something else to buy. I've started to slightly "freak" a bit when it comes to ordering things online because I do not want to wait with them until the last minute in case something were to happen and it's not here for the wedding. Case in point, I've been putting so much on our wedding CC the past month (that and I'm pretty bored during the day heehhh), and I had knocked most of it down throughout the year. Thank God we have some pretty awesome support systems, and especially my mom. She's really helped me out as much as she can, more than she should have, and Josh and I are so thankful. Her and I knocked out basically every thing that needed to be done in the past week, and really the only thing left to do is buy the cardstock for the programs, print them, and assemble them and it's all finished and ready for the big day. I've been so confused because people said, "Oh, you are so busy at first, then there's a time where you do nothing, and then you're busy again." I honestly don't think that moment of "doing nothing" ever came. I felt as if I was constantly breaking things down monthly and budgeting it all in. I will all pay off and I'm so excited for this wedding and to become Mrs. Meckely but seriously, girl needs a break.

Thankfully, that break will come this week. My girlfriends and I (and Josh and his friends) are all heading to Vegas to celebrate our bachelorette/bachelor parties, respectively. We're staying at different hotels, but all heading out for the same weekend. I am pretty pumped and I know my MOH Alex has been so pumped and done such an awesome job planning it. I can't wait!! It will be so nice to just get out with the girls...I need it. Need it so bad. Then come home and send out invites and HOPE for all the RSVPs to get back.

Okay, to get away from wedding talk, here's some sentence finishers I saw online - enjoy my sweet thoughts!

If I had one extra hour in the day... Right now I have all the time in the day! I suppose I would...well, I'd like to say I would work on that Master's paper I should be working on right now, but I'd probably be surfing the internet.

I wish my name... was Rachel Meckley right now! Okay, but really, I love my name. Wouldn't change it for anything in the world.

I think anything chevron is... I'm over it. I never got into it too much and although I do think it's a neat pattern, I'm so tired of seeing it EVERY WHERE. And as I've said before, I honestly think we'll look back on it one day and think, "Why did I spend so much money on THAT design??"

My last nightmare... wedding nightmares. Errrry day. Actually, I haven't been sleeping well lately so I suppose you could say every night has been a nightmare lately.

Sometimes... I complain too much about how blessed I am. Seriously, I need to stop. I live the good life and I need to open my eyes more often to it. Also, I need to stop letting my green-eyed monster come out at times. I'm trying - not perfect!

My last meal on earth would be... ahhh...fair corndogs. And Olive Garden.

I would much rather... be in bed right now. I'm getting sleepy! And I'd much rather it be Thursday at 2p.m...get me on that plane!

Mayonnaise... I don't mind it. By far not my favorite condiment, but I won't complain if it's on my sandy.

10 years ago, I didn't think... 16? Oh gosh. I didn't think much at all period. If I could write a letter to 16 year-old me, it would include letting go of that old boyfriend, spending more time with my friends and just plain living freaking life. All of you 16 year-olds, DO IT. NOW.

Selfishly... I go to the pool more times than I tell Josh. Nothing beats a "me" day where I eat lunch on my own, take a good book, and spend the rest of the afternoon by the pool. I feel bad that Josh is working his ass off in the heat most days so I don't tell him, but having some sanity days between this wedding and getting my Master's, I need some me days, and spending them at the pool is the best.

My favorite show on TV right now... Say Yes to The Dress. Always love it, even though I have the most beautiful dress in the world. I also enjoy some Catfish and Dateline.

And, George Zimmerman... should have at least been charged with manslaughter. You cannot deny race when you don't experience it every day (and I don't. Because I'm white.) Race isn't separated for the race that is still being discriminated against. However, only two people know the real story, and we'll never know the other side.

BED. 2 1/2 months left! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment