Saturday, October 22, 2011

So crafty!

We've been spicing up the house lately. Josh has been (of course) working on the bathroom and getting that finished up. He grouted today so not too much longer until hopefully we'll be showering in there! (this weekend?!) While he's been doing that there isn't much I can help with. I've been trying to find a good way to keep the soap scum off the window in the bathroom, especially since we've been going back and forth with getting a glass shower door (and we don't have a water softner...which means the water here stains EVERYTHING. I HATE cleaning the stainless steel kitchen sink!) but other than cleaning the window, the space is too small for both of us to get in there and Josh is pretty particular about how things are done so I just let him do them. So, since I can't work on that, I've been doing some Pinterest craft projects! I did a pumpkin the other day and THEN spiced up my curtains!

I traced an "M" on the pumpkin...it still took a while, but MUCH better than actually carving!


And my biggest and best project is below. I've been looking for some wide striped horizontal curtains for EVER. And by forever, I mean years. I've always loved them...but I couldn't find any anywhere. Thanks to Pinterest, I found this neat website that has a tutorial about adding stripes WITHOUT sewing! SO great! (Since I don't know how to sew). It was definitely time consuming, and I wouldn't have been able to finish them in one night without Jane's help, but I LOVE the way they turned out! This is them before, just regular tan curtains:


During (the picture with one stripe is all I got done one night!)...




After!




I absolutely love the way they turned out!! I may have to just make my own curtains on the other side of the wall, since these turned out so great! :)

We did a lot of yard work today - mowed, trimmed the hostas, raked up the leaves, etc. I only have to work 4 days this week and I have Friday off (yay!). And Tuesday and Thursday are early-outs (even though we have parent-teacher conferences). We aren't going to dress up for Halloween this year (just too much going on) but I am excited to actually go out and see some friends next weekend! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment