Monday, January 23, 2012

Happenings Lately

I can't believe it's already getting closer to the end of January...and by that it's getting closer to Florida trip, my birthday, nice weather, and summer! I feel that January-March always take so long to get through. The kids are always crazy, the weather is crazy, and it drives me crazy. We had a 2 hour delay today because it was icy/snowy last night. I like 2 hour delays; you don't have to make them up at the end of the school year. Although a day at home with the puppies and hot chocolate is pretty nice too. :)

Well, we haven't done much lately. Last weekend I went to Omaha with Alex to visit our friend Zach who came home to visit from China where he's staying for a year. It was nice to go out on the town and dance all night long. I got to visit with my grandparents the next day and that was awesome. Any time I get to spend with them is a blessing - I can't describe the way I feel at their house. It's just...peaceful. I love it.

This weekend Josh and I just stayed home. Friday night we watched a movie and ordered some food from the diner in town. Saturday I went shopping to get some stuff to clean the house since the appraiser is coming this week to see if we can drop our PMI insurance on the house. So I cleaned all afternoon Saturday and then Saturday night we had some gift cards to use so we went out to eat at On The Border. Pretty good...I'm more of an authentic Mexican food person, but the sopapillas were DELICIOUS!

Fingers crossed the appraiser tells us our house passes the $108,000 mark so we can drop our PMI insurance. He comes on Tuesday so maybe we'll know this week. This upcoming weekend I'm going to the Lady Antebellum concert with my girl friends - I'm pretty excited! I love them and it should be pretty good! THEN next week is already the start of February! I have a day off at the end of February so I'm excited for that. Then it's MARCH and time for FLORIDA! :) So much to look forward to in the next few months. I'm so blessed! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment