Thursday, January 12, 2012

Vacation #2

Josh and I booked our trip to FLORIDA this week! I was super excited, because we've been talking about going to Florida to visit some of his family, and it just worked out that we'd be able to. A giant THANK YOU for everyone who "donated" to the cause so we could go out and visit! I am SO excited! I've been to Florida once, when I was younger, to visit Disney World, but haven't been back since. We're going to stay in Naples with some of his family for a few days, and then heading down to Key West with some of our friends for a few days and experience that. It's a good thing I asked for luggage this year for Christmas - I am more than ready to use it! Last year we went to Vegas and had a blast, so I'm sure this will be just as much fun. I am excited to drive across the bridges to Key West and to see the Florida Everglades. Not excited about seeing alligators since I hate them, but I will be anxious to see what it's like. Only 2 months until we leave so it seems like there's so much to do and get ready for, but I am more than excited! Weeee!!

It was also Josh and I's 6 year anniversary yesterday (1/11). We didn't do anything, but tonight we're going to go out to eat at Chips, which is where we had our first date. I am extremely happy with where we are in our relationship. If you would have asked me the same question 3 years ago it would be a completely different story. I am glad we were able to grow up and make it through some of our growing pains as crazy early 20-somethings. Everything just seems to "fit" and I feel content. I am getting very anxious for a wedding...but I have a good feeling this year is "the year". I know it won't be before Florida since we're both saving for that..but maybe later this year.

That's about it...we had the FIRST snow of the year last night. Only about 1 inch and some crazy wind. By now we had at least 2 snow days last year. I don't mind the warmer weather, but I know by mid-March/April the kids will be super ancy (perfect time for Florida! :)). So maybe just a little more snow or ONE snow day would be nice this year. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment