Sunday, January 1, 2012

Year in Review

Well it's offically January 2012! There are so many things to look forward to this year: a vacation to Florida, a new niece, and maybe planning a wedding? (Fingers crossed this year is the year!) But it's crazy to think that another year is over. This year was packed with so many great things, we got to go to Vegas, I got to spend the whole summer off, and we did a lot of house renovations. This past weekend I put the finishing touches on the ONE room in the house that hasn't been touched yet. It was the spare bedroom across the hall from us, and mostly it was dark, gloomy, and had all of my Scentsy stuff and our random things in it - we usually called it the junk room. Jane came over and we painted it on Friday and then I got some decorations and things for it and called it good today! Here are some before and after pics:
Before (who in the WORLD thought that color was nice, is freaking nuts. It was so dark, gloomy, and scary in that room before!)



After


I painted it a nice, light grey. I figured that if I used that color I wouldn't have to repaint it in 10 years when we're ready to have kids - I can just pair some coral with it if it's a girl, and leave it and add some navy/white for a boy! I hate painting, so that was a good way to know I WON'T have to touch it again haha.

We've been doing a lot of renovations this year, so here are a few:

Our bedroom before:


After:



Living room curtains before:


After:



The upstairs bathroom before:


After:

The downstairs bathroom before (I didn't get a chance to really get any pictures before Josh demolished it so I had to find a few random ones):


After




So we've been very busy! I am hoping 2012 has a lot of GREAT things in store! We didn't do anything last night, and neither of us minded. I hope everyone had a happy and safe NYE! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment