Monday, February 22, 2010

Happy Monday!

Today is Monday...and while I'm usually dreading Mondays (like the rest of the world) today I woke up feeling pretty good. I woke up about 15 minutes before my alarm was to go off, which usually bugs the crap out of me, but this morning I layed there and thought about a lot of things. Mostly I think about what I'm going to do with my students this week (which is really all I ever think about) but I just thought about things in general. I was happy then to get to work and find another blog I read started talking about everything she's thankful for. So while I won't write down everything, I'll write down what I'm pretty happy about in life (which might make for a pretty long blog - sorry! :)).

Family
My family is great, great, great. They are one of those families that is always there for you, no matter how much you screw up or how mad they get at you - and that's what I love about them. Whenever I had troubles in my own relationships I used to think, "It's okay, because I know my family will always love me, even if this other person stops." And that's helped me through a lot of hard times. My mom is also always doing everything she can to help me out - she isn't someone who just cuts the cord once you're old enough to "know better". There are a lot of things I should have "known better" on, but didn't, and she helped me through them. My "safe spot" is always Grandma and Grandma Medder's. I love their house - whenever I get there I can just relax and enjoy myself. It's the best. And not only my own family, but also the family I've inherited - Josh's family has been more than great. His mom is someone I can always count on; and his brother and I have had hours of great conversation. I'm pretty pumped for Baby Meckley and spoiling him/her. So family is a big one.

Friends
Ahh..my friends are some of the greatest friends ever. I can always count on them, and we always have the best time ever. This past weekend was great at Firehouse - we had such a great time. I only knew 3 songs, but it didn't matter because I had my friends with me. They are truely angels from heaven. And I've found I have friends from all walks of life, and they are all involved in different parts of my life, but they are still all great. I don't know what I'd do without someone to listen to me complain (thanks Jill!) as well as all of them accompanying me in my accomplishments. They are so awesome!

Josh & Puppies
Josh and I have grown so much in these past four years. I can remember two naive, crazy kids who wanted nothing more than to get life moving as quickly as possible. And this created a lot of problems. I can remember both of us growing and maturing seperately, and then eventually, in different directions. This caused for a lot of friction and we needed some time to evaluate what we really want out of life in the long run. After some much needed growing we have literally become best friends. He's someone I can count on 24/7 whether it's something needing fixed or just a hurt heart needing mending. We've learned to enjoy each other's company and to be respectful towards one another, which makes our relationship even stronger. I can't believe how much we've grown together and how far we've come; which only makes me excited to think about how far we'll go. Also my puppies are greattt. We really lucked out with some good dogs. They are my constant companions, and they like doing anything with me, no matter what it is. They both have unique qualities about them - Taytum is so smart, I could put her through anything and she'd take to it. And Tyson is snuggly; he's one of those puppies that just melt your heart. They are great and they make my own little family complete.


That's all for now - although I'm happy and thankful for about a million things! Nothing too exciting happened this weekend - except we didn't have 6-12" of snow as predicted - yippeee!! Now if only it would start melting I could start decorating for spring :) Hope everyone had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment