Sunday, February 28, 2010

Weekend Update

I can't believe how close Friday is to Monday, but how far Monday is from Friday :( It seems like the weekends go so fast - which I'm sure everyone can agree with. Friday night Josh and I went out to eat at our favorite resturant Applebees, and it was even better because we had a gift card (thanks Jane!) so we could basically eat anything we wanted without having to think about the bill. I got the usual three cheese chicken penne and Josh ordered a 12oz steak with a baked potato and veggies. Plus I got to have my all time favorite drink; the main street rita - strawberry and mango. Yummmm. Then we just came home and watched T.V. and went to bed.
Saturday morning I got up bright and early and went to aerobics, then in the afternoon went to the craft show with Jane at the Iowa State Fairgrounds. Josh and I had gone to a little craft show last Spring, so I was expecting about the same, if not a little more. I was wayyyy wrong. It was packed! It was basically as full as the varied industries building is during fair time - but full of crafts! I was in heaven!! We arrived around 1:30ish and didn't leave until 4:00, it was that busy. I was very excited to find a little table runner with one side St. Patty's Day shamrocks and the other side Easter! I love decorating the house in all the different holidays.

I also got that candle, too (well, I actually bought two of them :)). I love the smell of it, it's called "Pomegranate". And they are homemade by a couple out of Newton so it's pretty convenient that now I can get them whenever my Yankee Candle candles are out. I bought Mom a Chicago Cubs hand painted pot for her flowers for her birthday (Happy Birthday Mom!<3) But what I was really excited about buying was this:

It's my first purchase for Baby Meckley! I think Josh was secretly excited when I showed it to him; he likes the idea of becoming an uncle I think. It's a little big, they didn't have anything in newborn sizes, so he/she will have to grow into it (plus it's in orange which is a neutral color so a boy or a girl can wear it). Speaking of which, Andy and Laura are finding out what they are having March 17, so after that the shopping is on!

Saturday night we went up to the bar for the last weekend of Bill and Pud owning it - it was super busy. They also had karoke and it was nice to get out and see all of our friends; it seems we don't see anyone often enough with all this snow and cold. Today was our lounge day, and then we went and got groceries and I just finished a steak and twice baked potato - yummy! Hope everyone had a good weekend; I'm looking forward to this weekend because on Friday we are taking the junior high kids to a movie and roller skating - weeeee! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment