Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Snow Day

Today was a snow day for us. It snowed pretty heavily yesterday, and continued to snow through the night. Now today we're experiencing high winds and the snow is really powdery, so it's easily blowing around out there. I tried to go out and shovel the sidewalks - but I wasn't very successful. I tried to shovel some of it off our deck, but managed only a walk-way for the dogs to get out into the yard (which Tyson doesn't bother anyways, he just does his business on the deck). Here's what our house looks like now:

It's got snow all the way up to the top of the deck. I'm starting to think we'll never see the grass again :(

While I was outside I bundled up Tyson and let the dogs outside to play while I shoveled for a bit. Taytum naturally enjoys the snow, and Tyson doesn't mind the snow as much as he minds the cold. He seemed to be having fun though - at one point in time I looked up and he was running full speed down the street! Haha, must have been because it was plowed and easier to run down.

Pretty soon though I let him in and Taytum and I stayed outside and played frisbee. It was pretty hard since the wind was blowing, but she liked running through the snow to catch it.

We've had some fun this morning! Now time to clean house and check some papers on this snowy day!

1 comment: