Monday, March 8, 2010

Spring Fever!

I wish spring would just hurry up! Ugh. It's been getting warmer and warmer here (upper 40's by the end of the week) but it's still cloudy and all rain. I wish the sun would come out. This weekend I had a bus class (booo) and then I went shopping. I didn't really have anything in mind, but I wanted some Easter stuff. Went to Pier1 and got a really cute, sparkly Easter egg tree and some little flower beads as well as a "springish" candle. Just got some knick-knack stuff to put around the house, but it still doesn't make it feel like spring any quicker! I should have taken a picture of my egg tree - it's really cute. They don't have it posted online so I'll have to get it up later.

I also forgot to take a picture of my spring flowers in my room! They are blooming pink, and the lady said they don't need a lot of sun or water - my type of plants! They are called Kalanchoe apparently. It has some pretty weird leaves, but other than that it's just a nice, little spring flower. I was tempted to buy some Daffoddils at Hy-Vee yesterday (on sale for only $3!) but I figured since they were bulbs Josh wouldn't be happy when I had made him replant them (like I did the 5 other Easter Lilys I HAD to have last year. And the Tiger Lilys too). Plus we decided we didn't like the look of the cedar chips so we're replacing it with rock in the spring (so..once again..hurry up!) so the less he has to plant - the BETTER!

Nothing really new to report. This weekend I had the bus class and went shopping on Saturday, then that night I really wasn't in the greatest of moods; I was feeling pretty grouchy and sensitive, so I knew it was probably in my best intrests to have a girls night. So Danielle and I packed up and headed out and it ended up being really fun! Ran into Mike Freese and some old friends so it was a lot of fun to catch up then head back - nothing too crazy. Nothing too exciting planned for this week/weekend either. I counted up though and I only have about 10 more Mondays to go before summer break!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment