Wednesday, October 13, 2010

3 Days of Catching Up!

It seems like the days just fly by anymore. They really fly at work, and then once I get home it seems like there's so much to do that I can't sit down and blog. This week has been just as busy! We had an early out yesterday at school so it was a shortened day and trying to get everything done is nearly impossible. This Friday we're having a fun day for the second half of the day for the kids who sold magazines for a school fundraiser, and lucky me, I get to have the movie in my room! And wear jeans! (We only get to wear jeans on special occasions.) So I'm pretty excited for that. Otherwise, this week I bought my first Christmas present (only 73 days left!) for Josh...I really don't know how I'll keep it a secret for the next two months because I am just so excited, but I suppose I'll make due somehow. I'm now just (im)patiently waiting for it to arrive in the mail. I closed up my Scentsy basket party with Laura yesterday and got to order over $100 in free stuff! I was so excited, I almost didn't know what to order! It took me nearly two hours to decide on EVERYTHING that I wanted...with that much to spend, you almost have to look ahead for the following months - so I had to decide what I was going to put in my warmers AFTER Christmas. It's been a pretty good week so far...at the end of the month we have two early out days and then Friday the 29th we have off for conferences so I'm looking forward to that nice 3 day weekend. This weekend is the Great Iowa Pet Expo, so I might take a trip down there with Taytum or Tyson and see what I can come across - maybe some Christmas presents for them! :)

On to the blogging challenge...
Day 15 - Your Dream House
This one was kind of hard for me...I know that I want a nice ranch style home, but when I tried to look for pictures of the inside I just couldn't really find pictures that I liked for the inside. Most were too modern or too fancy, so I'll just show a few of my "wants". I want the outside to look something like this:

And I know I want my living room to be sunken with a fireplace:

Otherwise I can't really find anything else...I know I want my own master bedroom with a nice whirlpool tub and a tiled shower with a walk-in closet (sound familiar, Steph? I LOVE your bathroom!) I also know I want my kitchen to have several windows, all facing the East so when the sun rises in the morning it pours into the kitchen. Otherwise I'm not too picky haha. Josh and I have talked that maybe in about 5 years we'll have enough money saved up to make our dreams a reality and build our own house. Someday.

Day 16 - A Song That Makes You Cry
Ah...I'm a pretty sensitive/emotional person, so there are several songs that make me cry. One that always gets me is Taylor Swift - "Breathe". This song was a really hard song to listen to when I was going through a really tough time. And while it made me feel better to let it all out and cry, even now I can't listen to it without crying.
A song I've always held close to my heart and have known that I want it played at my wedding someday is Taylor Swift - "The Best Day" (you wouldn't know who my favorite singer is, would you?!). It's about a girl growing up with her mom and talking about how her mom has taught her so much. There's also a part in the song that says, "I have an excellent father, his strength is making me stronger. God smiles on my little brother, inside and out he's better than I am. I grew up in a pretty house and I had space to run and I...had...the best day with you." Seriously..beautiful. It just really makes me appreciate my family and how blessed I am to have such an amazing family.
And the latest tear jerker I've heard is James Otto - "Soldiers and Jesus". The chours reads, "There's only two people who's ever died for me, both laid down their lives just so that I could be free...God only knows where we'd be without soldiers and Jesus." So. True. There are probably several others, because like I said I'm a pretty emotional person, but those three really tug at my heart strings.

Day 17 - An Art Piece
I'm not sure if this is suppose to be one in my house or that I own or that I like? In our house we have a horse statue that Josh's Grandma Koppin got us, and it's really neat and artsy, and we also have a neat framed painting that's pretty artsy, but since I don't have my camera (and I'm not at home) I'll post some artsy photos I like. So after a quick google search I found a few neat black and white ones:




Well now that I'm all caught up...until tomorrow blog world!

No comments:

Post a Comment