Sunday, October 10, 2010

Catching Up

It seems like I just can't catch a break when it comes to the weekends. Friday comes and goes and then it's not until Sunday that I can sit down and catch up with the blog challenge. This weekend was my brother's 18th birthday so I went over to my parent's house for a bit, and other than that I just relaxed. Josh and I watched "The Crazies" Saturday night, and while I did fall asleep before the end, it was really spooky! That's basically been the weekend in a nut shell, but I will continue on with the blog challenge.

Day 12 - Something you are OCD about.
I'm not really OCD about much. I mean, I like to have a clean house, but I am not the type of person who comes home every night and cleans, cleans, cleans. Our house is probably pretty messy (or, what I would consider messy) most of the week, and then on Saturdays I like to knock out all the cleaning in one shot. I hate doing laundry, and I hate having to scrub, so mostly I stick to vaccuming, dusting, and just putting things in their places. Something I am very OCD about though is my classroom and the way it is run. I hate being gone, whether it's sick or just out of the building for something, and having to rely on someone else to sub. This is partly because A) I need to know what they know before I can plan for the next day B) I have a set system of the way things go, and I hate having that messed with and then trying to get the kids back into the swing again and C) I hate having to plan for someone else if things go shorter/longer than I expected. I know what I want to do next, but it's hard to plan it all out for someone else. Last year I had to get my bus license and they really wanted me to use my lunch, prep, and then study hall to go up and get it, and more than once the time ran into my 7th period class and we were working on a research paper and it gave me really bad anxiety not being there with them, especially on such a BIG project. I knew how I wanted the papers to turn out, and I didn't want someone else telling them different. Everything turned out fine and all, but I will admitt I get slightly OCD when it comes to that sort of stuff.

Day 13 - A fictional book.
Well...since I already posted about books I've read and liked, I'll post about a fictional book I read this Summer (that for the longest time I wasn't sure was fictional until I saw it on the back!). Many people had suggested Chelsea Handler so I checked out Chelsea, Chelsea, Bang, Bang from the library this summer when I worked at the pool and I LOVED it! It had me laughing out loud constantly and while I haven't seen her show (we don't get the channel) I really wish we did. I wasn't a big fan before reading the book, but after reading the book and watching the MTV VMA's where she hosted, she is a really funny woman! I'll have to see if I can rent a few more books (although the librarian said she wasn't sure they should even have THAT book, let alone any of her others) and since the school year has started I don't get much time to free-read. But we'll see - I really like Kaylan's idea of audio books, so maybe I'll give that a try soon!

Day 14 - A non-fictional book
Ugh...I don't think I've read anything non-fiction lately. Magazines, do they count? I suppose the last non-fiction book I read was actually The Diary of Anne Frank in March/April for the 8th grade class. Otherwise I think I've stuck to some fictional books lately.

Well that's all for today. Caught up on the weekend things and caught up on blogging. Tomorrow is already HALF-WAY to the end of the blog challenge! Can't believe it..and pretty soon, Christmas will be here! YAY! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment