Saturday, October 2, 2010

Day 6

Blogging on a Saturday! Get out of here! But it's true. Jane and I went shopping all day for some fall stuff and Halloween decorations (since, it's officially October, and I can get out all my Halloween things!). Josh was napping so I figured I'd blog and tell everyone about my day and then continue with the blog challenge.

Well, today started like any other day. We live on the corner in Baxter, with no fenced in yard. It doesn't seem to be a problem because the dogs never wander far, or else we're always outside with them. Tyson is more of the sniffer and will tend to follow the trail of a rabbit or cat and wander somewhere where he should NOT be, but we've been fortunate enough to find him and catch him and keep him close. Taytum is such a good girl - she hardly ever wanders past our house, and when she does it's just to play with Toby next door. This morning I let them out and then let Tyson in (since it's getting colder he wants NOTHING to do with being outside besides doing his business). I let Taytum wander around a little longer because she enjoys the weather with her big coat. An hour went by and I was cleaning and decorating when I went to bring Taytum inside. No Taytum. I called the neighbor Lisa - she hadn't seen her. At this point I wasn't too worried because she's such a good girl that I knew she'd be outside. So we went outside and called for her. And called for her. And called for her some more. At this point in time Lisa's husband Tim and Josh's uncle Bruce went out and were driving around for her. I called my mom - hadn't seen her. 30 minutes go by and we STILL haven't found her. I'm driving around with my brother and we have Tim, Bruce, Lisa, my mom, my dad, Jane, Christopher, and me all driving/walking calling for her. And Taytum is not the type of dog to ever whine or bark when she needs something, she's a very independent dog. So I KNEW if she was stuck somewhere and could hear us, that she wouldn't whine or scratch to let us know, we would have to find her on our own. An hour goes back and I'm really starting to worry...we have a pretty sketchy neighbor who is not on our good side and has been known to dispose of animals. An hour and a half goes by and I'm getting hysterical, Josh called and I broke down crying. FINALLY though, another neighbor had actually found her in the sketchy neighbor's shed with the door closed - thank God for good hearted people! She's safe and sound now, but it was the scariest thing I've experienced in a long time; almost like losing a child! Phew!

Okay so on to the challenge...20 favorite things. Here they are, in no particular order...

1. Friends and Family
2. Christmas (EVERYTHING about it!)
3. Journey "Don't Stop Believing"
4. Scentsy
5. Yankee Candle
6. Concerts
7. Macaroni and Cheese
8. Fall
9. Hallmark Stores
10. Fire places
11. The first snow fall <3
12. Fresh grass on bare feet in Summer
13. Hanging with my brother
14. Spending time with Grandma and Grandpa Medders
15. Decorating the house (For Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer!)
16. Glee
17. Taylor Swift
18. Saturday nights with Josh just watching movies
19. Vacations (to really anywhere...just vacations in general!)
20. Sleeping in

Hope everyone enjoys their weekends! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment