Monday, October 18, 2010

Nothing New

Well...I haven't updated because 1. There's not really anything new to report and 2. I haven't been feeling the blog challenege lately so I guess I've been avoiding it. But here we go:

Weekend Recap
This weekend we didn't do much. Josh and I opted for a quiet night Friday night, we just headed out to Legends in Marshalltown to eat. It was pretty nice - Friday had its ups and downs here at school for me so it was nice just to go out, have some dinner, a few drinks, and head home. Which is exactly what we did. We were going to see a movie, but there aren't really any good movies out and with the exception of Paranormal Activity 2, I really don't want to subject myself to any scary movies this close to Halloween. So, we went home and Josh played his new Playstation game for a while and then we went to bed. Saturday I got home and cleaned house a bit (so, I'll post pictures so Grandma can see the inside of the house since she hasn't really seen it since we first moved in, yay!) and then went and ran some errands and went to the Pet Expo with Tyson and Jane. I was a little nervous because Tyson isn't always the most friendly dog, but he did excellent and was actually so over it that he was ready to just be carried by the time we left. Saturday night I went up to O'Kellys with Janell and while there wasn't a big crowd, we had our own fun and danced the night away - ending with an all out Lady Gaga dance party while driving around. It was much needed. <3

I have to make it through this week and then next week we have two early outs (but conferences until 8 P.M. both nights - yuck!) But then I have next Friday off and then after that four sweet weeks until Thanksgiving break (Black Friday AND putting up my Christmas Tree!!) and then it's Christmas. So really...things are starting to look up. :) Josh and I also got tickets to go see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra on November 4th so I'm pretty excited about that! I'm pumped to see them...I've been wanting to see it for a long time now, and when I saw they were coming back to Iowa I thought, "Why wait?" So I can cross that off my bucket list!

Blog Challenge

Day 19 - A talent of yours

This one I struggled with because I don't really have a "talent" per-say; at least, I don't feel like I do. I can't really do anything creative - I scrapbook, but I by no means would call it creative. I love decorating the house in different themes for the seasons, but, once again, I'm by no means "creative" at it. So I guess a talent of mine would be that I love to act like I'm creative, but in reality, I'm not. :)

Day 20 - A hobby of yours
A hobby of mine is definitely shopping. I will ususally go at least once on the weekends, and it might not be for clothes. I might make a trip with the dogs just to Petsmart and fiddle around. I might just go to Pier1 and wander around looking at all the great Halloween decorations they have out now. OR I might go to Von Maur and add more to my charge card (ha!), but I usually go at least once on the weekends. Another hobby I have, like I said, is trying my hand at being crafty. Lately I've been stalking for websites that have fun little creative ideas so I can hopefully MAKE some gifts this holiday season for co-workers, family, and friends. So if anyone knows of any good ones, let me know! I've also gotten in the mood to start my annual mixbook scrapbook. Like I said, not much of a crafty person and as I've found, scrapbooking takes a LOT of time to do; time that I really don't have when I have to check papers and do other things around the house. So, last year I got onto www.mixbook.com and started making an online scrapbook. They have some really neat templates where you can just drop the photos in, or, this year I challenged myself to make my own starting with a blank scrapbook! I've only got three pages done so far, but it's been pretty fun so far. They also have some Christmas cards and calendar makers, so I might be comparing prices between them, Hallmark, and Snapfish this year to see where I end up getting some of my Christmas stuff!

Day 21 - A recipe
I'm by no means a cooker. When I work out WITH Josh, we often don't get home until 7 P.M. and by then it's pointless to prep everything, cook everything, eat, and clean up. That's like my whole night! So on those nights we usually just grill something or whip up something fast. But something I do make that's pretty easy and Josh loves is Baked Bowties.

1 box of Bowtie Pasta
Mozzarella Cheese - Shredded
Marinara Sauce
1/4 cup of milk
Any other kind of cheese you like (sometimes I throw in Ricotta or Colby)

Cook pasta in boiling water until soft. Mix milk, some of the cheese and pasta bit of the pasta all together until everything is coated. Put in a nonstick baking dish. Top with remainder of sauce and cheese and put into the oven for 30 mins at 350 degrees, covered. Take top off with 5 minutes left and let bake until cheese is melted and brown. Pull out and let cool off. As you can see, this isn't anything fancy, and I have no REAL measures because I just kind of made it up one day. I love pasta, cheese, and marinara sauce, so I put them all together and baked in the oven. You can add sauce and cheese as you like, I just do whatever we like best.

Day 22 - A website
A website I think is hilarious and try to check out if I'm having a bad day is www.failbook.com. It has all these hilarious posts and status updates from facebook users - hilarious! Also, checking out www.awkwardfamilyphotos.com always puts a smile on my face too!

That's all for today - hope everyone had a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment